Check out our classic version of devilled eggs or see four new and inventive takes on this classic appetizer here.
Thai Curry Devilled Eggs
Inspired by Thai curry, these aren’t your ordinary devilled eggs. Dairy-free and packed with flavour, these creamy snacks have a bit of heat and are finished with crunchy peanuts.
Yield: 10 devilled eggs
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @Hallmark_Canada.
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Cream
- ½ tsp Thai Curry Paste (red or yellow)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Red Jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 Sprig Cilantro, leaves torn
- 2 Tbsp Peanuts
- Place eggs in a saucepan. Fill with water to cover eggs by about 2 inches.
- Place over high heat. When water begins to boil, remove pan from heat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to a strainer and run under tap water until cool enough to handle.
- Peel eggs and slice in half. Gently separate yolks from eggs, taking care not to break the whites.
- Transfer yolks to a mixing bowl and mash with a fork until crumbled. Add coconut cream and Thai curry paste and continue to mash until smooth (add a bit more coconut cream if needed to bring it all together). Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites (you can also place the yolk mixture into a plastic bag, clip the end off, and squeeze it into the whites).
- Top each egg with the sliced Jalapeño, a few cilantro leaves, and a peanut.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.