Sweet and Salty Caramel Apples with Pretzel Bottoms
Sweet and Salty Caramel Apples with Pretzel Bottoms add a satisfying crunch to a favorite fall recipe. It just takes three easy steps—so they’re simple enough to make for crisp autumn afternoons or fun fall parties.
Yield: 5 caramel apples
- 5 apples (washed in warm water and dried to remove wax)
- 5 popsicle sticks
- 1 14 oz bag of caramel candies, unwrapped
- 2 cups mini pretzels, broken into small pieces
- Baking sheet covered with buttered parchment or wax paper
- Melt 14 ounces (one bag) of caramels with one tablespoon water in microwave for 2 ½ to 3 minutes on high, stirring at one minute intervals.
- Remove stems and press a stick into the stem end of each apple. Use stick to, dip each apple into the melted caramel, turning to coat about half-way up. Scrape any excess from the bottom with a spoon.
- Immediately dip the apple into the broken pretzel pieces, using your hand to press them in to the caramel.
- That’s it! Just refrigerate for one hour to set the caramel, and remove the apples about 15 minutes before serving.