Friendship efforts—extended edition. If you’re celebrating a friend
more than you’re celebrating a show, give them an A-list-worthy care
- All virtual: Compile fan art, favorite scene
screen-grabs, quotes, memes and whatever the heck else you want into a
collage. Use your own skills or search for a free online collage maker
(there are tons). This is also a great opportunity to personalize any
themed playlists you’ve already compiled. To make this combo of virtual
gifts feel more care-package-y, include some online gift cards to help
fund their movie snack stash or their fan merch.
- Gift boxed: Commemorate the guest of honor’s favorite movie, TV show or sports figures with a Keepsake Ornament, itty bittys stuffed animal or other gifts (search by their favorite character). If you’re getting together for a Hallmark Channel virtual watch party, we quite literally have you covered.
- DIY, Baby: You are crafty. You are dedicated. You are choosing the bonus-points option. Follow our tips to create a care package personalized for the guest of honor. Collage the box. Add merch. Include snacks.
Pro tips To glam up your treat bag or VIP swag bag, try matching the
aesthetic of the show. Here are some examples using a Hallmark Channel holiday movie marathon as the big event:
- Use gift wrap to set the mood from the second they open the box or bag.
- Add a string of fairy lights, a paper chain or a garland.
- Use a snowflake paper punch and blue and white tissue paper to make snow-fetti.
- Don’t forget a card to let them know how important they are to you.
Sure, watching our favorite shows in person and seeing movies in
theaters are their own kind of special. But you know what’s really great
about virtual watch parties? How about:
- Bathroom breaks happen in our own bathrooms.
- No shame in getting up for snacks as often as you want.
- Replacing uncomfortable costumes with stretchy pants.
- No strangers around to stage-whisper, kick your seat or chew too loud.
- Two words: Themed. Cocktails.
So get out there, give your friends celebrity-status treatment and have an awesome virtual watch party.