Gift Wrap with a Built-in Card Pocket
Make sure your card stays with the present by making a card pocket when you wrap the box. Start with reversible wrapping paper and watch the video to see how:
- Start with a rectangle, and fold one top corner down to meet the opposite side, making a triangle. Smooth the fold.
- Flip the paper over and tape the short end (opposite the point) to the edge of the gift box.
- Roll the box to wrap the paper around it—pull it tight, but be gentle—creating a pocket on one of the wide sides. Gently crease the edges.
- Starting at the bottom of the pocket, fold the ends in short sides first, then long sides, and tape closed. Repeat on the other end.
- Slide the card into the pocket. If you’re worried the card will slide out in transit, add a little piece of double-stick tape to the back of the envelope
For more easy ideas, check out 40+ Unique Ways to Personalize Your Gift Wrap, Toppers and Cards.