Add a spicy, savoury snack to your next movie marathon with Eloté-style popcorn. It’s a delightfully addictive riff on a favourite Mexican dish, featuring the tang of Tajin seasoning (a blend of chili peppers, lime and salt), the light and cheesy flavour of nutritional yeast and just a hint of sweetness. Our family of taste testers couldn’t get enough.
- 8 cups freshly popped popcorn
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2½ tsp Tajin seasoning (low sodium variety)
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- Mix the Tajin seasoning, nutritional yeast and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Prepare the popcorn per your favourite method. (We used 3 Tbsp vegetable oil heated on the stove-top to pop 1/3 cup popcorn kernels.)
- Empty the popcorn into a large bowl.
- Drizzle melted butter over the popcorn and stir with a large spoon.
- Sprinkle the popcorn with seasoning mix and stir well with a large spoon to coat the popcorn.
- Finish with 1 tsp salt (you can adjust the salt level to your taste).