What to give
- Use gummy candy letters to spell out a romantic message on a plate or tray—better yet, a cake or pie.
- Make or buy your “Sugar” a few kinds of candy they’ve never tried before, like Turkish delight, salted caramels, French creams or marzipan. In an anniversary card, write that every year together is a sweet new adventure
- Give a box of high-end gourmet chocolates, and replace one of the chocolates with a surprise, like a piece of jewelry, a folded $50 or $100 bill or a love note.
- Pick our a wrought-iron patio set or garden bench.
What to write
What to write in a 6th anniversary card
- “Every morning, I open my eyes and look over at you and realize how lucky I am, all over again.”
- “We’ve come so far, through so many highs and lows, and it’s made our love stronger.”
- “Our life together has a rhythm and flow that feels constant and comforting…without ever getting dull. I love the music we make together.”
What to write about in a 6th anniversary love letter
- Six marriage memories—one from each year
- Six of your favourite hobbies (and why they rock)
- Six of your favourite pictures of you together (with descriptions)
How to celebrate
- Try your hand at making candy—the traditional sixth anniversary gift.
- “Travel” to another country: Recreate that place in your home, right down to the food, drinks and music.
- Play a game of “Would You Rather” over dinner (because “wood” is the modern 6th anniversary gift) and see how well you know each other.
More ideas for anniversaries
- Don’t forget the card! No celebration is complete without a keepsake-worthy card with a handwritten message telling your partner just how much their love means.
- For help putting your feelings into your own words, see what to write in an anniversary card and how to write a love letter.
- Check out these creative anniversary dates and anniversary traditions.