What to give
- Make and enjoy chocolate-dipped strawberries together.
- Bring home a bouquet of white roses and one red one. Add a note: “There’s no one like you.”
- Re-create the bridal bouquet as a centrepiece for your dinner table.
- Sign up for a CSA at a local farm.
- If you’re going the modern route, how about a wine fridge or kegerator?
What to write
What to write in a 4th anniversary card
- “I love that you’re the first face I see in the morning and the last face I see at night.”
- “Love of my life, maker of my coffee, finder of my keys—you’re just so many things to me.”
- “You make me laugh and smile and swoon like no one else.”
What to write in about a 4th anniversary love letter
- Four things you find sexy about them
- Four of your biggest accomplishments as a couple
- Four of your best inside jokes
How to celebrate
- The traditional fourth anniversary gift is fruit: Learn how to make an intricate fruity cocktail or dessert and surprise your spouse with the results.
- Serenade each other with a song. Bonus points if it’s one that means something to the two of you.
- Play a round of mini golf—feel free to yell “fore!”—with free kisses if either of you get a hole in one.
More ideas for anniversaries
- Don’t forget the card! No celebration is complete without a keepsake-worthy card with a handwritten message telling your partner just how much their love means.
- For help putting your feelings into your own words, see what to write in an anniversary card and how to write a love letter.
- Check out these creative anniversary dates and anniversary traditions.