What to give
- For a natural, casual accessory, give a bracelet of braided leather.
- A blank journal with a leather cover is a great gift for anyone who likes to write.
- A pair of wine or cocktail glasses is convenient for toasting your first year together.
- Get them a leather jacket that’s as cool as they are Well, almost as cool.
- Or surprise them with a pricey, impractical pair of shoes or or bag they’ve had their eyes on.
- Make that glassware duo high-end—or find a crystal decanter for your favourite adult beverage.
What to write
What to write in a 3rd anniversary card
- “I love being on the road of life with you—and I love how we always find adventure along the way.”
- “We can have an amazing time together, whether we’re on the vacation of a lifetime or at the DMV.”
- “Every time you walk through the front door, I still get butterflies like it’s the first time I ever saw you.”
What to write about in a 3rd anniversary love letter
- Three things they do that make you laugh
- Three small moments that had a big impact
- Three new things you’d like to try together
How to celebrate
- Write each other love letters—the more over-the-top, the better. Then store them in a leather album or portfolio because leather is the traditional third anniversary gift.
- Take a cooking class together and learn how to make your favourite food. (Bonus: Because you’re in a class, you’ll get lots of help, so it’ll definitely turn out yummy.) Toast your marriage before you dig in.
- Grab a backpack and boots and plan a hike or camping trip, and bring plenty of delicious eats and beverages to enjoy under the stars.
More ideas for anniversaries
- Don’t forget the card! No celebration is complete without a keepsake-worthy card with a handwritten message telling your partner just how much their love means.
- For help putting your feelings into your own words, see what to write in an anniversary card and how to write a love letter.
- Check out these creative anniversary dates and anniversary traditions.