From relieving stress to boosting your mood, journaling is an excellent way to carve out some necessary me time. Take a moment out of your day to connect with your inner self with these self-care journal prompts.
- What does it mean to you to set healthy boundaries? How can you do more of this?
- What’s something you can forgive yourself for and forget?
- Write a love letter to your body celebrating all the things it can do.
- What are 5 things that make you happy (people, places, movies, songs… anything!)?
- Write a thank-you note from future you thanking you for taking good care of yourself.
- Make a list of affirmations or things you’d like to hear/remember on those hard days.
- How do you imagine yourself in the future? What are your hopes for the future?
- Describe a real or imaginary place that makes you feel safe in as much detail as you can.
- What are your favourite things about your personality?
- What’s something you accomplished that you never dreamed you would?
- Things you should stop saying “yes” to or things you should start saying “no” to.
- Which things/activities/moments in your life leave you feeling energized rather than drained?
More about self-care
If you’ve heard about it, but have still yet to be introduced, here’s a little more about what self-care actually is. With possible benefits including better sleep, more patience and better self-esteem, there’s every reason to start making more time for yourself and making sure your needs are being met.