Check out four new and inventive takes on this classic appetizer here.
Classic Devilled Eggs
From picnics to potlucks, classic devilled eggs are always the first to disappear from any spread. Make these creamy, satisfying bite-sized snacks for your next gathering. This is a traditional recipe for classic devilled eggs. Sprinkling paprika on top adds a little colour and gives a wonderful depth of flavour to the savoury mustard and creamy mayonnaise in the filling.
Yield: 10 devilled eggs
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @Hallmark_Canada.
- 5 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Yellow Mustard
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Place eggs in a saucepan. Fill with water to cover eggs by about 2 inches.
- Place over high heat. When water begins to boil, remove pan from heat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to a strainer and run under tap water until cool enough to handle.
- Peel eggs and slice in half. Gently separate yolks from eggs, taking care not to break the whites.
- Transfer yolks to a mixing bowl and mash with a fork until crumbled. Add mayonnaise and mustard and continue to mash until smooth (add a bit more mayonnaise if needed to bring it all together). Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites (you can also place the yolk mixture into a plastic bag, clip the end off, and squeeze it into the whites).
- Top each egg with a pinch of paprika.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.