These fruit-and-yogourt parfaits are made with Greek yogourt and very lightly sweetened, because it’s a good idea to limit the sugar you have for breakfast. However, if it helps entice your family, increase the amount of honey in the yogourt.
Banana-mango yogourt parfaits
Who has time for a healthy breakfast? Now you do! These quick and easy yogurt parfaits will keep your family healthy, happy and fueled up for whatever the day has in store.
This easy banana-mango yogourt parfait recipe keeps well in the refrigerator, so why not mix up a half dozen on the weekend? Layer them in 8-ounce juice glasses, cover, and then store in the fridge. Or, for a grab-and-go breakfast, use 8-ounce paper cups so you can take one with you when you leave the house.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrition facts: Per serving: 173 calories, 2.5 g fat, 30 g carbohydrates (1.7 g fiber), 10 g protein, 39 mg sodium
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @Hallmark_Canada.
- 1 ripe mango, cubed
- 2 ripe bananas, cut up
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups 2% Greek yogourt
- Cubed mango for garnish (optional)
- In a food processor or blender, puree the mango, bananas, 2 teaspoons of the honey and ½ teaspoon of the vanilla.
- In a bowl, stir together the yogourt and remaining 3 tablespoons honey and ½ teaspoon vanilla.
- Spoon ¼ cup of the yogourt mixture into each of 6, 8-ounce glasses (juice glasses work well). Dividing evenly, top with the banana-mango mixture and then a final layer of yogourt.
- Eat right away or chill until serving time. Garnish with a few mango cubes if desired.
Tip: Though these parfaits are delicious made with real Greek yogourt, you can create a reasonable substitute by draining regular yogourt: Spoon 6 cups of plain low-fat yogourt into a strainer lined with a double thickness of cheesecloth or paper towels and let drain for 5 hours to get 3 cups.