Check out our classic version of devilled eggs or see four new and inventive takes on this classic appetizer here.
Bagel and Lox Devilled Eggs
For a fun, festive twist, include Bagel and Lox Devilled Eggs in your next brunch spread. A filling of cream cheese and a topping of lox and breadcrumbs make these creamy, crunchy and totally addictive.
Yield: 10 devilled eggs
Inspired? Create and share by tagging @Hallmark_Canada.
- 5 Large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Cream Cheese
- 2 tsp Yellow Mustard
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 oz Lox (Smoked Salmon), thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Chopped Chives
- 2 Tbsp Panko Breadcrumbs
- Place eggs in a saucepan. Fill with water to cover eggs by about 2 inches
- Place over high heat. When water begins to boil, remove pan from heat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to a strainer and run under tap water until cool enough to handle.
- Peel eggs and slice in half. Gently separate yolks from eggs, taking care not to break the whites.
- Transfer yolks to a mixing bowl and mash with a fork until crumbled. Add cream cheese and mustard and continue to mash until smooth (add a bit more cream cheese if needed to bring it all together). Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon yolk mixture into egg whites (you can also place the yolk mixture into a plastic bag, clip the end off, and squeeze it into the whites).
- Top each egg with a slice of lox. Sprinkle each egg with a few chives and a pinch of breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.