What to give
- Pack a picnic basket with all of their favourite things and surprise them with lunch or dinner in the park.
- Plant a pot of pussy willows for the porch or patio.
- Get a leather keyring monogrammed with their initials.
- Assemble a small, custom-made gift basket with a favourite hobby (such as fishing, knitting or reading) as a theme.
- Buy wicker furniture for the porch or patio—a perfect spot for enjoying snacks and drinks at sunset.
- Plant a willow tree in your yard.
- If there ever was one, this is the moment for matching leather jackets. Biker, bomber, aviator…so many choices.
What to write
What to write in a 9th anniversary card
- “We’ve been through so much, and yet, nine years has gone by in the blink of an eye.”
- “Nine years of making me laugh…nine years of wiping my tears…nine years of finding the beauty in every day together.”
- “You’re still the incredible person I feel in love with…and somehow, so much more.”
What to write about in a 9th anniversary letter
- Nine things you see when you look in their eyes
- Nine ways they make you weak in the knees
- Nine things they do that make you crack up, every time
How to celebrate
- Make a playlist of your favourite home movies from over the years and watch them on the big screen.
- Create your own crossword puzzle for your partner. Make each clue about a memory only you two would remember.
- Take a basket weaving class together. No need to make it underwater.
More ideas for anniversaries
- Don’t forget the card! No celebration is complete without a keepsake-worthy card with a handwritten message telling your partner just how much their love means.
- For help putting your feelings into your own words, see what to write in an anniversary card and how to write a love letter.
- Check out these creative anniversary dates and anniversary traditions.