What to give
- Plant a special tree in your garden or yard and watch it grow together.
- Give your favourite picture in a wood picture frame or an anniversary-themed sentiment on mounted on wood.
- Expand your silverware collection with a fancy piece or two, like a cake or pie server and ice cream scoop or bar tools.
- If you have a yard, plant a tree. Over the years, you can watch it grow.
- Build a potting shed or gardening bench—or a tool bench or shed—or get someone to build it for you.
What to write
What to write in a 5th anniversary card
- “As time goes by, I’m more and more grateful for your love.”
- “Five years of kisses and bliss! Thanks for making me the happiest person alive.”
- “We’re halfway to ten, and I’d do it all over again.”
What to write about in a 5th anniversary love letter
- Top five moments of your marriage
- Five things only you know about your partner
- Five places you’d like to travel to together
How to celebrate
- Get in tune with nature and each other by taking a hike in the woods on the day of your anniversary.
- Create a fake magazine cover with the title “Couple of the Year, Five Years Running!” Feature a picture of you and some fun headlines only you and your partner would understand.
- Cut a rug with a couples’ dance lesson.
More ideas for anniversaries
- Don’t forget the card! No celebration is complete without a keepsake-worthy card with a handwritten message telling your partner just how much their love means.
- For help putting your feelings into your own words, see what to write in an anniversary card and how to write a love letter.
- Check out these creative anniversary dates and anniversary traditions.