What to give
- Let them know you appreciate their individuality by giving them a T-shirt or hoodie (or a few!) featuring a favourite sports team, rock band, hobby, movie or TV show.
- Give pajamas or socks with a whimsical print that makes them smile.
- For an even more modern spin on china, give a porcelain vase or platter from a local potter.
- Treat them to a plush terry bathrobe and tuck an extra surprise in the pocket, like fine jewelry or a new cell phone.
- At a local shop or craft show, find a handmade quilt—a piece of art they can snuggle up in.
- Or find another piece of art to keep them warm and cozy—a vintage tea set.
What to write
What to write in a 2nd anniversary card
- “It’s only been two years, and yet we’ve come so far. We’ve grown together in beautiful ways and learned to love each other through life’s ups and downs.”
- “I was really proud of the way you (insert proud moment here). It’s just one of the many things you did that made me fall in love all over again.””When was our honeymoon supposed to end? Because to me, it’s still going.”
What to write about in a 2nd anniversary love letter
- The highlight of your year together
- Things they did this year that made you proud to be their partner
- A challenging moment, and how you got through it together
How to celebrate
- Set goals for yourself as a couple: What do you want to accomplish in this next year of marriage? What do you want to leave behind?
- Decorate matching T-shirts—since cotton is the traditional second anniversary gift—with an arrow pointing to one side, and add “I’m with him,” “I’m with her” or “I’m with them.”
More ideas for anniversaries
- Don’t forget the card! No celebration is complete without a keepsake-worthy card with a handwritten message telling your partner just how much their love means.
- For help putting your feelings into your own words, see what to write in an anniversary card and how to write a love letter.
- Check out these creative anniversary dates and anniversary traditions.