A few pet photography hints from our photo stylists (and even more here):
- Avoid surprises. Let your pets get comfortable with camera equipment, props and festive outfits before you take the pictures.
- There is no shame in bribery. Equip yourself with treats, squeaky things, wand toys—whatever it takes to get your pets to look at you and the camera. Offer rewards for good behaviour.
- There is no shame, period. Be ready to make goofy noises that get your pet to do that “barrroooo?” thing with its head.
- Settle in. Know that you may have to take approximately a gazillion and six photos to get the perfect one. Shoot in bursts or set your camera phone to “live” to capture every moment.
- Get a helper. Have one person focus on the model and the other on the camera.
With those tips in mind, let’s get to the cute ideas.